Why is Professional Detox Important?It is possible to detox at home. However, your chances of overcoming heroin addiction without relapsing are much higher with help from women’s heroin detox programs. A detox center offers three main benefits including:
1. Safe and Comfortable FacilitiesToday’s detox centers provide safe and comfortable environments that help you feel at home. While the approach to detox is clinical, a caring and friendly staff provides lots of support and encouragement. You don’t have to feel alone as you go through your withdrawal symptoms.
2. Emergency Medical ResponseWhen you detox from heroin, you may experience mild to severe withdrawal symptoms including:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Extreme sweating
- Elevated heart rate
- Severe muscle aches
- Stomach cramps
3. Medication for Your Withdrawal SymptomsYou are likely to experience various levels of pain or discomfort during detox. A women’s heroin detox center provides medication that helps you with heroin withdrawal symptoms and cravings. In addition, holistic care such as massage therapy is also available to help you with your withdrawal symptoms.
What Can You Expect During Women’s Heroin Detox Programs?When you start detoxing from heroin, you may encounter withdrawal symptoms as early as six hours after your last hit. The severity of withdrawal symptoms depends on how long you have been using heroin, how much heroin you use, and if you mix heroin with other drugs. Your overall health will also determine the duration and extent of your withdrawal symptoms. Your most severe symptoms will peak between day two and day five of detox. During this period, you may feel anxiety and sickness. You may also experience restless sleep. After day five, the withdrawal symptoms should start to fade. By day seven to ten, you will feel a lot better. Keep in mind that detox is temporary. A week at a women’s heroin detox center may seem like a long time. However, you will have a full staff, a comfortable room, and medication to help you get through it. If you can complete detox, then you will be on your way to a full recovery from heroin addiction.
Heroin Addiction Treatment After DetoxDetox is the first step to your recovery. A San Antonio women’s rehab center provides a comprehensive program that also includes:
- Inpatient, residential, and outpatient treatment
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Recreation therapy
- 12-step programs
- Aftercare programs
- Gender-specific addiction treatment